A simple take on a classic combination. This makes a delicious starter.
- 30g chopped walnuts
- 2-3 pears, peeled, cored and sliced or chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- Knob butter
- 2 handfuls rocket leaves
- 100g blue cheese crumbled, I use Cambozola, it’s a mild blue cheese with a creamy texture
- Once the pears are prepared, pour the lemon and honey over them and mix well.
- Put a dry non stick frying pan on a medium heat. Toss the chopped walnuts in the pan and move all the time so they don’t burn. Once toasted remove and set aside.
- In the same pan melt the butter and pour in the pears, lemon and honey.
- Turn the pears every so often and just cook until the pears start to go soft and the honey caramalises.
- Put the rocket on 2 plates and arrange the blue cheese and pears on top. Scatter over the walnuts and eat immediately.